Foodie Friday is here once again. 🙂 This may be my favorite post to do on this blog. I tell you guys, this week was a bit crazy and it’s nice to sit down and share a yummy meal with you all.
This Pepper, Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Bowl could not be simpler. You guys know how much I love an easy meal. Something that is delicious and gets on the table quickly.
Well this is it.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
I absolutely adore quinoa. Before changing my eating habits I had never really explored quinoa. I had heard of it and that it had been called a superfood but never tried it. Fast forward to now, I would say it is one of my favorite additives for salads or warm bowls like the one I am about to share. It has a slight crunch and nutty flavor. It is considered a seed or ‘grain’ and is an excellent protein source as it contains all nine essential amino acids.
Anyone can add this yummy ‘grain’ into their diet and it definitely would not hurt. I use it pretty often or I cook a large pot of it and add it into things throughout the week. It works well in many different ways. This bowl is so easy and a great meal option for your mid-day pick me up. It’s filling while keeping you light. I always prefer a lighter meal that’s also satisfying during the day. This will be sure to keep your energy up.
Pepper, Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Bowl
Vegetables are sauteed and combined with cooked quinoa to make a delicious and quick meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 cups spinach (coursely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- salt & pepper
- juice of half of lemon
Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and yellow peppers and cook until they soften. About 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir to wilt the leaves. When mostly wilted, add the garlic and stir. When the garlic becomes fragrant add the tomatoes. Let cook until they soften and release their juices.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Stir.
- Separate your cooked quinoa into two bowls and top with the vegetable mixture. Top with lemon juice.
I hope that you enjoy!
Have an amazing weekend! ♥
If you liked this post, be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more every week!
For more recipes go here!
let’s stay connected
facebook • instagram • twitter • bloglovin’